Creating a manual timesheet
A timesheet is automatically attached to each paycycle, however there may be times when you might have to use the Timesheets menu to create a manual timesheet.
Below are two types of manual timesheets and scenarios where a manual timesheet may need to be created.
- A timesheet which needs to be submitted by an employee (or on behalf of an employee).
- You have set up a deduction to pay to another account after the pays have bee processed. Deductions that are set to pay to another account don't appear as an option when you edit or create an adjustment to a processed payslip.
- You'll then need to create a manual timesheet (a unattached timesheet) and process it as deductions set to 'pay to another account' do not appear in manual payslips either.
- If you're looking to create a Timesheet that is associated with a Job see our guide here.
If you have set up a deduction to pay to another account, you'll need to create a manual timesheet.
To manually create timesheet which needs to be submitted by an employee (or on behalf of an employee):
- In the quick menu navigate to Time & Attendance > Timesheets and select the Create Timesheet button.
Under the Unattached Timesheet tab, complete the relevant details:
- Client = Operation
- Please ensure that the operation, location and position is one that has been assigned to the employee's profile.
- Any allowances
- Find the employee to allocate the timesheet to.
- Check rate.
- Select the Week Ending to create the timesheet.
- Click Create Timesheet, a blue message will appear 'Timesheet successfully created'.
- Navigate back to Time & Attendance > Timesheets and search for your date range to locate the newly created manual timesheet.
The timesheet will also be available for the employee to submit from their employee portal.
You can also submit the timesheet on behalf of the employee in Time & Attendance, Timesheets > locate the timesheet by searching the date period and select the arrow to submit the timesheet. Please refer to the Submit timesheet (on behalf of an employee) section on how to add shifts to the timesheet.
- You can also submit the timesheet on behalf of the employee in Time & Attendance, Timesheets > locate the timesheet by searching the date period and select the arrow to submit the timesheet.
- You'll then be prompted to confirm the timesheet times and submit. A pop up will come up to confirm any final changes and select ok.
- In the Time & Attendance > Timesheets screen once you search for your date you'll see the timesheet as submitted status. An admin user will then have to Accept the timesheet for the system to create a paycycle in draft payslips for the specific period ending in Payroll > Pay.
- If you'd like to see what it looks when an employee submits their timesheet, check out our helpful guide here.
- Navigate to Payroll > Pay, in the Draft Payslips tab select the employee's that you'd like to pay and select the generate payslips button.
- This will then move your employee's draft payslips to the Payslips tab where you can download the ABA file.