Roster employees across multiple rosters with different locations
The location on an employee position is one of the determining factors that allow an employee to have shifts assigned on a roster. You can optionally choose to apply multiple locations to employee positions if your employees work across different locations.
To allow your employees to work at multiple locations you will need to do the following:
- Enable the setting to allow employees to work at multiple locations on your platform.
- Apply additional locations that employees can work at individually on the Employee Profile or in bulk.
Want to know more about how you can use Locations in foundU? See here!
If your business has multiple locations you can allow your permanent employees to work across those multiple locations. For example, if your business or storefront is in multiple locations (suburbs) and your employees can work at each storefront.
To turn on the setting to allow multiple locations:
- Navigate to the hamburger icon to access the full menu and select Platform Settings > System Settings.
- Find the 'Allow permanent employees to have multiple locations' setting and set it to 'Yes'.
You can use CTRL + F on your keyboard to search for the setting.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Settings.
Add the location to relevant employees via their profile
- In the quick menu, navigate to People > Approved People and locate the employee and click on their name to go into their profile.
- Select the Employee Card icon, and open the Employment Type tab.
- Select the edit pencil to edit the employee's position.
- Add the additional locations to the Additional Locations field.
- Scroll down and click Continue and continue through to the review screen to Save the position details.
- In your Display Settings enable the 'Show External Shifts' option. This will allow you to see if an employee is already rostered elsewhere.
External shifts will display as light blue.
- If you try and roster an employee who is already assigned to work another shift you will see a Conflicting Shift error.
Conflicting shifts cannot be published until they have been corrected.
- You can also use the Filter option to view multiple roster locations at once. This is useful if you use multiple Rosters at the same time.
Pick and choose what rosters you would like to view or view them all at once.