Manage contractors in foundU
Contractors can be added to your foundU platform and managed in many of the same ways you can your employees.
- Collect documentation (including licenses)
- Assign positions
- Collect clock times
- Approve shifts
The key difference is that Contractors are not paid through foundU. As such, no financial information is collected, and their shifts will also not flow through to payroll, financial reports, or invoicing.
To make use of contractors in your platform you must first enable them.
To enable contractors in your platform:
When an employee is registered via People > Add people (or via your company's registration link). You can select Contractor from the Employment Type drop-down menu.
This option will ensure that your contractors are receiving the correct onboarding experience and will have no financial details collected.
Your contractors can easily be identified from the Approved People page or their Employee Profile.
- Navigate to People > Approved People.
- Select the show filter option and filter by the Employment Type of Contractor.
- From the Approved People menu, contractors will be marked with a small badge with a 'C' in it.
- From the Employee Profile, a Contractor badge will display next to their name.
There will be times in your business that a contractor will become a permanent employee of your business. If this is the case, please reach out to our friendly support team first for help, and there will be a few quick actions for yourself and the employee after we do our part!
The process goes as follows:
- Reach out to support - We will intiate the change on their profile.
- Encourage employee to enter/check their financial details in the App, as they will now be paid through your platform, and may previously not have entered any financial details.
- Ensure the correct position and entitlements are applied to their profile.
In the case of the reverse (an employee becoming a contractor), you will also need to reach out to Support so that we can make the relevant change on their employee profile.