Award Interpretation test
As part of your payroll checks, you may like to check why your employee is being paid the way they are. You're able to run an Awards test to see the ordinary, overtime, leave, unpaid break time and allowance details.
You can see this information per employee either from:
- The Pay Page > Draft payslip > View breakdown or
- From Pay > Award test to view a full colour coded break down of the interpretation including:
- Ordinary hours
- Overtime hours
- Unpaid break times
Please note this Screen Navigation has no sound, please watch, and follow along for helpful tips on the Award test feature.
From the Award test page, you can test current timesheets and compare positions per:
- An Operation or
- A Roster.
We'll explore each in the sections below.
You can view the Award results page for a specific payslip when in Pay > Draft Payslips
To view the award results for a specific payslip:
- In Pay > Draft payslips tab, select the payslip that you would like to see the Award results for.
- Then select the Actions button and choose View breakdown.
- This will then take you to the Award test page for this specific employee.
- Click on the name to see the breakdown. Click on the ordinary (see cursor below) to see more details.
To test current time sheets by comparing employees:
- Select Employee/s button and choose the employee names and select the period of time and period ending. If you would like to also include shifts that have not yet been approved in Approve shifts, select the include unapproved shifts checkbox. Then click the Begin Analysis button.
- You will then see the employee total wages, click on the employees to see the breakdown of wages.
- You can also view the data by Ordinary hours, Overtime, Leave, Break and Allowances. These are all colour coded so that you can see the components.
- Click again on the ordinary hours for example to see more details.
- In the example below we can see Cas and Isla and their total wages over the week including the ordinary wages from each day worked. We also clicked on Isla's Tuesday shift to further see a breakdown of the unpaid break time and laundry allowance.
- Click on each coloured section to see more details.
- Below are examples of more detail seen for Ordinary hours, Laundry Allowance and Unpaid breaks.
- Click on the total to see the total hours and wages. If you'd like to see only total hours, rate or charge rate (relevant to those in labour hire) you can select these specifically or leave as select all.
- Please note, the total cost excludes any accrued hours.
To test current timesheets by comparing employees in an Operation.
- Select An Operation and select the period of time and period ending. Then click the Begin Analysis button.
- You will now see all the names of employees listed under this operation that have timesheets for your selected time period.
- Click on the names to view the breakdowns. In the example below you can see the breakdowns for Ordinary with some leave and overtime hours as well.
To test current timesheets by comparing employees in a Roster.
- Select A Roster and select the period of time and period ending. Then click the Begin Analysis button.
- Click on the names to view the breakdown. In the example below you can see the employees on the Back of House Roster and their breakdown for Ordinary with unpaid break times and an allowance that is applied to Isla.
If you're in labour hire you may like to see all your clients and employees in one screen before running your payroll.
To do so, use the Labour Management Report (located in Financial reports) and group by Operation, position and employee and ensure to click the view Shift breakdown checkbox to see information such as overtime, time in a half etc.