Bulk Deductions Import
The Bulk deductions import allows the user to update deduction amounts in bulk from the Pay page.
For example, the Deduction Import can be used to:
- Manage large amounts of fluctuating deduction amounts that are applied every week (in bulk).
- Also be able to remove existing deductions on draft payslips or add new deductions.
- Allows user to add “pay to other account” deductions manually to a payslip.
This process can be done in 2 easy steps:
- Export the paycycles and make required changes to the CSV
- Import paycycles with deduction changes
When performing a CSV Export/ Import, it is very important to ensure all validation errors are fixed so that your changes will take place. We will cover these below.
To use the Bulk Deductions Import:
Step 1: Export Paycycles
- Navigate to Payroll > Pay > Draft Payslips.
- Select Import > Import Deductions.
- Select the week ending for the paycycle.
- Choose any specific Office Codes and Employees or leave blank to export all.
- Export Paycycles.
When altering the CSV, there are some general rules to follow so that the file will validate. You will need to fix all errors on a file before any payslips can be updated. Refer to the bottom portion of this article for a table that will help with any errors in your file.
Step 2: Import Paycyles with Deductions.
Once you have modified your file, you are then ready to upload your CSV file with modified paycycle deductions.
To do so:
- Select your file under Choose File.
- Then select, Import Paycycles button.
- You will then see a blue progress bar while your file is uploading.
- If you have any validation errors, they will be listed in a red banner. Please address all errors before attempting to upload the file again.
Once you have imported your CSV file, you should be able to view the changes in Draft Payslips. Select the green button to view your changes. There is no need to regenerate the payslips.
- Adjust only one period end at a time
- For existing deductions, only the deduction amount can be adjusted. You cannot adjust the account details if trying to pay to another account. However, you can remove this line using the 'Delete deduction column' and add as a new deduction of the new type.
- Only one deduction per line.
- If adding another deduction, copy the payslip and ID information to a new line on the CSV.
- The gross and net figures displayed in the exported CSV will be inclusive of any exisiting deductions at the time of export.
- To remove a deduction- do not delete the line from the report. You will need to enter a 'Y' on the Delete Deduction line for the report to read this action.
Please refer to this table for more information on troubleshooting reasons why your file may not be importing back into Step 2: Import Paycyle step.