Position Changes Reporting
There are two primary methods of reviewing & reporting on changes to employee positions.
- Position changes report
- View all employees who had changes to a position within a time period
- View all employees who were assigned a specific position
- View a list of employees who are paid under a specific award or Agreement.
- Employment history on an employee’s profile
- View all positions and changes to positions for an individual employee
Both of the above methods require financial permissions to access as the reports contain financial or sensitive information.
Looking for an Employment date report? Check out our guide here.
To run the Position Change Report:
- Navigate to Reports > Financial > Positions Changes report
- Select your date range.
- Select your filters, the available filters are:
- Position started or ended- select if you'd like to see a report of when someone started or ended a position (or leave blank for both).
- Office Codes
- Awards- select an Award to see all employees paid under the Award.
- To clear your selection, select the blank row from the drop down.
- Employment Status
- Submit the report. You can now view your data and if needed export as CSV, Excel or PDF.
In the video below we'll view the position changes for Kate in the last 90 days. Then we run the report again to see a full list of employees paid under the Restaurant Industry Award.
Please note this Screen Navigation has no sound, please watch to see the position changes report in action.
Changes to an employee's positions can be reviewed from their individual profile.
- Navigate to People > Approved People > select the employee under review.
- Click Manage > Employment history.
- Alternatively, select Employee Card > Employment Type > then click into Employment History to review all their positions.
From this menu, you can see a list of the different positions held by the employee.
You'll also note changes to the same position are grouped underneath the position, here you will find changes such as:
- Changes in rates of pay and,
- Salaried employment starting/ending are listed below the position name. (Turning the salaried toggle on or off).
You can also export the employment history for the employee by selecting Export CSV.