Add a new entitlement to an employee's profile
You have the ability to apply additional entitlements to your employee's profile which will then allow them to apply for the that type of leave e.g. Parental Leave.
Adding a new entitlement involves two key steps.
- Ensuring that the entitlement type e.g. parental leave, is added in your platform's Leave Rules (see our guide on setting up entitlement rules).
- Adding the entitlement to the employee with the relevant employment type e.g. Adding parental leave to an eligible employee.
To add a new entitlement, such as parental leave, to an employee:
- Navigate to the employee's profile by searching for the employee or via People > Approved People and in the employee's profile select Employee Card tab > and open the Employment Type section.
- Scroll down to under the position where you will see an Add New Entitlement button.
- Select the Add entitlement button to add a new entitlement.
- Please note, you will only see the entitlements that you have set up in your platform. If you have not set up the entitlement please do so first.
- If you have already added all relevant entitlements for a casual, you may also receive a warning message reminding you to first add in a new entitlement type to your platform.
- Select the entitlement that you'd like to add from the drop down list e.g. Parental leave.
- Review the details e.g. you can adjust the accrual rate if you're not using your default settings.
- You can also add in the accrued balance e.g. 80 hours and save. You can add another entitlement or save.
There are two ways to adjust the accrued hours for the entitlement.
- You can edit in the Employee's profile > Employee Card > Employment Type > Entitlements section by selecting the edit pencil icon for the entitlement.
- You can also edit the accrued value in the Employee's profile > Financial icon > YTD tab.
Depending on your user permissions, you may be able to see either or both. Either method can be used to update the balance.
Update the accrued entitlement balance to an employee via the Employee's card > Employment type section
- Navigate to the employee's profile by searching for the employee or via People > Approved people and in the employee's profile select the employee card icon> employment type tab.
- Scroll down to under the position and locate the existing entitlement e.g. Parental leave which has a 0 hours accrued.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the entitlement and Save.
- You'll now see the updated accrued hours in the entitlements section.
Update the accrued entitlement balance in via the Employee's profile > Financial Icon > YTD section.
- Navigate to the employee's profile by searching for the employee or via People > Approved people and in the employee's profile select the Financial icon > and click on the YTD tab to open.
- Locate your accrued entitlements. And select the icon to edit the accrued value balance, in our example we'll update the accrued hours balance for Compassionate leave and save.
- Please note that if the entitlement isn't appearing in this list and its an entitlement that accrues a balance, you'll need to go back to the first step and check how the entitlement type is set up (its likely that its not set up to be an accrued entitlement). This will need to be adjusted first before you can update the accrued balance.
- You'll now see the value updated on their Employee card > Employment type (ensure to refresh your page to see the updated value).