Using a manual payslip to pay your employees
There will be times you will need to create a manual payslip such as:
- When you need a second payslip for the same period ending.
- If you need to pay out an employee's leave in the same pay period as leave is redeemed.
- An employee has just started and hasn't completed registration until payday.
- If you wish to create a backpay.
- Changing an employee's position to Salaried (auto pay) after paycycles for the period ending have been generated.
- Creating a pay item for an employee on a trial shift.
To learn more, watch the short video below or you can follow along in the guide below.
Step by step instructions to create a manual payslip
To create a manual payslip for an employee:
- Navigate to Payroll> Pay> Create New Payslip.
- From the drop down boxes, Select the Employee, Duration and Period ending date.
- Select + Add New Position. Then you are able to Select the Employee's operation, position, and state.
- Select + Add Pay Item, then add in your line items by selecting the 'type' from the drop down box.
- Once the line items have been added in, you can add in deductions, reimbursements and entitlements where needed.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Calculate Totals. You can then Preview Payslip to see the totals.
- Once you have previewed the payslip to ensure all details are correct, select Create payslip.
- A pop up will appear confirming that you would like to save changes for this employee and asking if you want to save this as a template for further use.
- The payslip then appears in Draft Payslips under the specified period ending, for generating pay as normal.