You're able to view your outstanding superannuation payments for your employees.
When you first access superannuation you'll be prompted to provide a date for when you last paid your superannuation.
The last processed date is used to move any batches that would have already been paid into processed, this will flag them as pre-processed.
Please review your other super settings to determine your pay frequency (either monthly or quarterly).
Permission warning: Please note that super admins will have access by default, and that employee restrictions do not apply to superannuation. Granting access to admin users, will allow access to all employee superannuation data within this feature, regardless of any search restrictions applied to their employee profile.
To pay your employees super:
- In the quick menu navigate to Pay > Superannuation.
- The first time you access this section, you'll be prompted to set your previously processed date (if you haven't yet processed pays this will take you to your pay page for processing). When you return to the superannuation page you'll also see the steps including pending > review and processed.
- In pending your superannuation batches will be displayed per pay entity. You can also use the filter to adjust your view to a specific date range or status.
- In the top right click on the overdue, due now or upcoming to filter your view. Select the specific entity to process superannuation for and click review to see the employee details and amounts. Please note marking batches paid (with superstream) is a manual process, however once a batch has been processed, you are unable to make any edits to superannuation totals.
Please note that if you make adjustments to your pay, or make an edit to a payslip that would reduce the total superannuation for that period (batch), a new batch will be created for the superannuation (as long as the total would not reduce to $0 or below). Where the value would cause the total to reduce to $0 or below, a negative batch would be created. Which could either manually be merged with a future batch, or processed without merging.
- Review: Select all employees or specific employees and at the bottom click the Superstream button to generate the Superstream file for your clearinghouse. View the super settings below should you need a specific CSV format for your clearing house. You can also see the break up of the superannuation details by clicking on the employee's name. The icons on the end also indicate if the item is a processed pay, an adjustment, an edit or a ETP payment.
- Process: This will then finalise the batch.You will also be able to see the status including not paid, paid or pre-processed.
- Navigate to the hamburger icon to open the full menu> Payroll settings> Superannuation.
- In the drop down menu frequency you can choose between Monthly or Quarterly. Please note if you select monthly, your batches will be broken up into months rather than quarters - they'll continue to be due 28 days after the end of the quarter.
- You can also update your preferred CSV export format for your Superstream report.
- You can also view your Superstream report online in the Superstream report.