Complete steps 1-6 to add & set up your new employee
To add a new employee to the foundU platform, means to begin a 6 step process which involves;
- Inviting the new employee to register
- Employee Onboarding
- Screening employee details
- Accepting employee into foundU
- Initial employee set up
- Applying a position to the employee
This article will guide you through each step and answer some commonly asked questions.Let's begin!
Watch the videos or read the step-by-step guide below.
There are two methods to register employees to begin onboarding with foundU.
Admin users can Add Employee when logged into the platform or alternatively employees can Register their interest themselves by using a unique URL to your business.
Discover both options below
Administrators can start the registration process for potential employees and send them details to complete their onboarding application.
- In the quick menu navigate to People > Add People.
- Fill out the required employee information – name, contact number and email.
- Click Register. An email will automatically be sent to the nominated email prompting the employee to set up a password to complete their online application. Once registered, they will move to Pending People.
Employees can register their interest by filling in the registration form themselves. To do this;
- Direct interested applicants to your company registration link.
Your link will be yourcompanyname.foundu.com.au/register
- Alternatively create an advertisement on an employment website (e.g. Seek) calling for employees of a particular class to register and include your link on their advertisement page.
Linking the advertisement to your foundU Platform allows people to register directly on your system which avoids the risk of losing their details in the future.
The Employee will receive a welcome email inviting them to fill in their information and to create a password for their new account, made from their email address.
Can I customise this email?
Absolutely - you're able to use our default wording or are welcome to reword your own.
You can edit this email by navigating to;
- Open the Hamburger menu > Communication > Communication Content.
- Find templates #66, #49 and #48 by using the search bar. All 3 templates relate to employee registration
- Click on the blue title to open the email template, edit as desired and Save.
How can I re-send the welcome email?
You are able to re-send the welcome email from the employees profile or in bulk.
Navigate to People > Pending People
- Select specific or all employees using the checkbox
- Click Bulk Actions and choose Resend Welcome Email to Selected
As standard, the onboarder covers off:
- Personal details - Name, Gender, D.O.B, Address
- Professional Information - Resume, Description, Qualifications, Licences,
- Medical Conditions- Medical questionnaire, Emergency contact
- Financial information - Tax File Number, Bank Details, Superannuation.
However the onboarder is completely customisable per business. Additional components are listed in our implementations guide.
What does the onboarder look like?
The onboarder can be easily done on a mobile device or computer.
Here is a quick look from an employee's perspective.
As the applicant progresses through the onboarding steps this will update the status of the progress bar found in Pending People.
Admin users are also able to see the details of the employees progress (from the employees perspective) by logging in as the employee.
Can I run a report to show me who is outstanding?
- In the quick menu navigate to People > Pending People
- Click on the word Progress to order them from 0% - 100%
- Using Bulk Actions you're able to send anyone outstanding a reminder.
Information and documents captured through the onboarding process are stored in 4 places within the employee's profile.
- Employee Card
Here you can check all the relevant personal details including:
- Languages spoken
- Emergency contacts
- Height and weight (if relevant to the position)
- and more
- Qualifications, Licences, Inductions tab
- Mandatory requirements, Acknowledgements and Additional Information tab.
Qualifications, Licences, Inductions TabAll documents will be stored under the relevant heading and hyper-linked in blue for easy viewing. Clicking the blue edit pencil allows admin user's to upload on an employee's behalf.
Mandatory requirements, Acknowledgements and Additional Information Tab
Mandatory information filled in by the employee during onboarding is stored against the relevant component title. All uploaded documents are hyper-linked in blue, and will open in a new tab when clicked upon.
Some components you may find here, depending on your onboarder set up include:
- Proof of identity documents.
- Terms and Conditions acknowledged
- Signed letter of offer
- Digital signature file
- Police check
- Unique student identifier (USI)
- Resume Tab
- Medical Info / Screening Questions Tab
- Right to Work and References Tab
Resume TabView uploaded resume and upload date
Medical Info / Screening Questions TabMedical Conditions will be highlighted in red. Any additional screening questions as apart of your onboarding will store here also.
Right to Work and References TabVisa document details and employee's reference checks are stored here.
Here you can check all financial details have been entered in correctly by the employee.
We recommend checking:
- Bank details look correct
- Superannuation details
- Tax file declaration questions
Once an applicant has been interviewed, screened and is successful you can accept them to work and set up their employment details ready to start putting them onto shifts.
An unaccepted person cannot be found to put on rosters or jobs.
To accept a new employee:
- Go to People, Pending People.
- Find the employee and click on their name to go into their profile.
- Click 'Accept Person'. This will also move the employee from pending people to Approved People.
Once an employee is accepted, you'll navigate to Approved People, locate the employee and click on their name to go into their profile overview page.
To set up your new employee you'll need to:
- Assign a Manager
- Run a Visa check (if applicable)
- Set Maximum hours
- Assign an Office code
To assign a manager to an employee:
In the Overview screen, select Edit next to manager. Select the manager's name from the drop-down and click Save.
- In the Overview screen, select Eligible for Visa Check
- Check details and click Confirm Details and Run Visa Check.
These details are completed by the employee during their onboarding, and is what will be sent to VEVO. Please make sure these are correct.
foundU has a direct link with the department of home affairs which runs the check with VEVO. A result will return. You can click on this for more information / details.
After the first check, the platform will run the check automatically every 2 weeks and will send emails on status changes to the person who ran the first check.
What if my visa check returns with an Error?
You will need to check the employees passport photo and compare what they have entered matches their passport. You're able to amend their details by clicking the onboarding icon and editing their details on the employee's behalf.
Example of Error:
Examples of employees you would use this setting for are Part-timers, Students, Visa holders or any other employee which would require attention to their hours worked outside of regular position set up.
To set Max Hours for an employee:
Now that you've set up your employee, you'll need to add a position to them in able to roster and pay them. To add a position you'll need to:
- Navigate to the Employee Card icon and select Employment Type tab.
- Select Add New Position and select their position type i.e. full time, part time or casual and select continue.
- Continue through the steps and fill in the relevant information including location, position and start date.
- Review and save position.
For a detailed guide on position set up, click here!