Before you can assign work to the employee you need to set up the employee's employment type, position/s, pay rate/s, location/s & any entitlements.
See our feature release webinar
Applying positions video:
Skip ahead to:
- Where to add in the employees position in their employee profile (navigating to your employee card)
- Casual employee set up
- Permanent (full time or part time) employee set up
- Work pattern
- Leave entitlements
- Review schedule
- Full downloadable step-by-step guide
Navigating to your employees card:
1. Search for your desired employee in the search menu or locate your employee via People > Approved People locate the employee and click their name to access their employee profile.
2. In the employee's profile, now select the Employee Card icon > Employment Type tab.
3. Select Add New Position and select their position type i.e. full time, part time or casual and select continue.
Casual employee set up:
1. Select Location/s from the drop down.
2. Select the Position Group (optional)
3. Choose the Position. This will then bring in the information from the relevant award.
- Choose a Custom Position Title (optional). This will show up on the roster.
4. The rates will pull in from your Awards & Agreements. You're able to edit the Rate by typing it in if you pay above award.
5. Select Yes to add a Cost Code (if applicable) to this person and position.
6. Select the Position Start Date and End date (optional).
7. Click Add & Review Position.
8. Then review the details. Edit the rate or Delete the position (as required).
9. Click Continue.
10. The Review Schedule tab will now display. This section will highlight if you have any existing shifts that may be impacted by the addition of a new position.
11. If you are setting up a position for the first time or if you have no overlapping Shifts/ Timesheets, then you can Save & Continue.
Permanent (full time or part time) employee set up:
1. Once you have selected either full time or part time as a employment type and continued, now Select Associate with Operation.
2. Select Location from the drop down. You can also choose an Additional Location (if this person works across different locations).
3. Choose the Position, ensuring that you select the position under the relevant award.
- Choose a Custom Position Title (optional). This will appear on the employee's payslip.
4. If you choose to switch on the Operations rates book, this will pull in the Salary and Ordinary hours.
Or you're able to add in a Salary by entering/adjusting the Annual Salary Annually or by Hourly Rate.
5. Select the Ordinary Hours Worked each week. The default is 38 hours per week.
6. Select Yes to add a Cost Code (if applicable) to this person and position.
7. Select the Position Start Date.
Continue to the next section: Work Pattern
1. Select any settings that apply for
- Employee must submit an timesheet (optional)
- Public Holiday Settings
Click on the blue information icons to view the settings details.
2. Create a work pattern. This can be done by Hours or Shifts.
- For hours the default is 7.6 hours Monday to Friday, but you are able to edit this to choose the ordinary hours of work.
- Note: The Max Ordinary hours may display in red if in Position Details you noted 38 hours but in work pattern it shows 40 hours for example.
- For shifts you are able to select the Day of the week and the Shift Start, End and break times.
If you need to go back to the positions screen, click on Position Details.
3. Click Continue.
Leave entitlements tab:
1. In the entitlements tab, select the entitlement to to apply each leave entitlement to the employee e.g. Annual Leave and Personal Leave.
2. Select the Entitlement from the drop down e.g. Annual leave, Personal Leave and turn on the Use Default entitlement value toggle to on.
- If the entitlement you need doesn't appear, a new entitlement type needs to be created by your payroll team under Payroll, Leave Rules.
3. Use Entitlement Value will allow you to use Default accruals by your company. Or you can choose to edit the accrual settings as required.
4. Select Add and Review Entitlement. You can also add in multiple entitlements.
5. Once all Entitlements are applied, click Continue.
The employee will now be able to apply for these specific leave types.
Review schedule tab:
1. The Review Schedule tab will now display. This section will highlight if you have any existing shifts that may be impacted by the addition of a new position.
2. If you are setting up a position for the first time or if you have no overlapping Shifts/ Timesheets, then you can Save & Continue.
Downloadable step-by-step guide:
This guide covers:
- setting up new staff with their employment details
- employment type (full time, part time, casual)
- pay rates
- work pattern (permanent staff)