Employer additional super contributions
Employers are able to make additional employer contributions to their employee's superannuation fund.
This setting can be useful where employers choose to pay additional superannuation on top of the compulsory superannuation guarantee (SG).
In this article we will cover:
- Enabling this feature in your platform.
- Selecting the employees it applies to (as there can be varying combinations for businesses depending on your agreements).
- How the Employer contributions display on an employee's payslip.
Looking for employee additional contributions? See our helpful employee guide here.
Looking to apply a salary sacrifice amount to an employee? See our helpful guide here.
In order to use this feature the 'Allow employer additional super contributions' setting needs to first be enabled in your platform.
To enable the 'Allow employer additional super contributions' setting:
- Navigate to the hamburger icon to access the full menu > Payroll Settings > Superannuation.
- Toggle on the 'Allow employer additional super contributions' setting and select Save Settings.
Each employee profile will now display an 'Employer additional super contributions field' within the Financial > Superannuation area.
Once you have enabled the 'Allow employer additional super contributions' setting you can set this on the relevant employee profiles.
To set employer additional super contributions on an individual employee's profile:
- In the quick menu navigate to People > Approved People or search the employee via the search menu.
- Locate the desired employee to go into their profile.
- Select the Financial icon then select 'Superannuation' to expand the employee's superannuation details.
- Select the 'Edit' option to edit the employee's details.
- Enter the relevant employer additional super contributions details and select the green tick to save your changes.
Once you have set this up in the relevant Employee Profiles an additional field in the edit screen of the payslip will display the 'Employer Additional Super Contribution' separately.
The 'Employer additional super contribution' field will only appear if set up on the employee's profile.
The employee's payslip will display 'Employer additional super contribution' separately In the Summary area of the payslip
Note: The YTD total will be the year to date for all superannuation contributions.
If the employer additional super contribution is a once-off (i.e. isn't a recurring contribution) ensure to remove the amount from the Employee Profile. Otherwise, it will pay this is each payslip moving forward.
If you would like to report on employee or employer contributions, the below reports contain the relevant fields: