Depending on your award interpretation and the detail of your employment contracts you may have Enterprise Bargaining Agreements (EBA's) that require additional public holiday options.
To enable this additional options in your platform:
- Navigate to the hamburger icon to view the full menu and select Platform Settings > System settings
- Locate 'Extra award interpretation options for permanent employees when approving shifts on public holidays' and switch to on.
- Now when you navigate to approve shifts and approve a shift on a public holiday e.g. Christmas Day (QLD) you will be prompted for the different options for how you'd like to treat this day. In addition to Default and Treat as normal day, you will now also have:
- Pay Base Rate: The employee's normal ordinary rate will be used and no overtime and shift loadings will be applied.
- Force public holiday entire shift: The shift will be paid as a public holiday regardless of the award interpretation.