Terminate an employee & archive their profile
When an employee leaves your organisation and is being offboarded,
To complete offboarding:
- Enter in the end date for employment by adding a terminate flag on the employee's profile.
- Payroll will then see this flag and process any ETP payments and the final payslip and pay out any entitlements (where relevant).
- Once the final pay is processed you can archive the employee.
To mark the employee as terminated:
- Select the desired employee via People > Approved people or via the search menu to open the Employees Profile which displays the overview.
- In the employees overview, scroll down to the bottom to view the Actions section and select the blue arrow on the Terminate Person line.
- In the screen that pops up, you will see a warning that indicates you should only proceed if you want to terminate employment.
- If you wish to continue, please select the following:
- Termination Date: Last day of employment
- Operation (optional): This is the Operation the employee is associated to. This data will flow through to the terminations report.
- Reason: Select an option to apply reason for termination, if required. Click here to see how to create additional reasons.
- Comment (optional): Enter any relevant termination information.
The above information will display in the Terminations Report.
Once the Employee is terminated you will notice the Actions area will now show you the date that the employee was terminated as well as an Edit/Undo option for any changes that may need to be made.
To undo a termination
If you do need to make changes to the termination the following screen will allow you to do so.
You can access a Terminations Report, for terminated employees with a breakdown of:
- employee ID
- operation ID
- termination date
- visa class
- visa subclass
This data comes from the employee profile and data entered when 'Termination' is selected from the employee profile page.
To generate the report:
- Navigate to Reports in the quick menu and select Workforce, this opens up the Workforce Report Centre.
- In the People Menu section, select Terminations.
- In the Duration, select your desired date range.
- You're able to further filter data by Visa Subclass (if used) filters or Operation, or you can leave blank for all.
- Click Submit.
Note: You can also access financial details from a termination within your Payroll Activity Report (Financial Report Centre > Payroll Activity Report).
Please note: If you Archive an employee who has remaining shifts a warning box will come up asking you to select what you would like to do with the remaining shifts. (see image below).
Finally, you can archive the employee’s profile by selecting the blue arrow on Archive Person. You will have the option to:
- Archive – No Notification: Employee profile will be archived, however no email notification will be emailed to the employee
- Archive – Send notification Email: Employee profile will be archived and an email notification will be sent to the employee.
Please note: Once an employee is archived you will be able to see past shift and clocked times in
Approved Shifts. This employee's row will be locked from editing.
To undo an archive- you can reactivate an employee:
- Navigate to the employee's profile, scroll to the bottom actions and select reactivate an employee.
- You'll need be prompted to choose if you'd like to send a notification to the employee / reset their onboarding.
- If you select yes to reset onboarding, this will then move the employee's profile to pending people and prompt the employee to complete onboarding.
- Then click Reactivate.