Submit Shifts is a modernised process for timesheet management. It allows employees to submit hours they've worked on a daily basis via their employee portal, alongside extra information such as leave taken, comments and uploading files e.g. medical certificates. The employee can be rostered on, or not rostered at all. Once the shift is submitted, it will go into Approve Shifts pending approval by admin.
If this is something you are interested in using, we'd recommend having a chat to our customer success team on the best way to roll this out - just shoot them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enable the Submit Shifts setting for employees, this involves:
1. Enabling the Submit shifts setting to be used in your Platform.
- Select the hamburger icon to open the full menu and select Platform Settings > System Settings
- Switch the toggle 'on' for the setting 'Allow employees to submit shifts'
This will now show 'Can Submit shifts' toggle on employees profiles.
2. Enabling Submit Shifts toggle on employees profile.
To switch on for an individual employee:
- Navigate to People > Approved people and select the desired person or search for the desired person using the search box.
- In the Employees Overview, Enable 'Can Submit Shifts' toggle to 'on' and save.
To switch on for multiple employees:
- Navigate to People > Approved people and select the desired people
- In Bulk Actions select 'Set Submit Shift Setting for selected'
- Enable toggle 'on' and save.
Once enabled, employees will be able to see a 'Times Icon' in their Employee Portal.
You may also be interested in: