Each time you process payroll in the platform, and option will appear to submit your data to the ATO now or later.
If you chose to submit the data later, it is very important that you review and send your data as soon as possible, and clean up any back logs of submissions. Submissions need to finalised for EOFY.
- Navigate to Pay > Single Touch Payroll and review the Require Action tab which will show all your outstanding submissions. If you have an outstanding submission, click view details to review.
- Review the pay data, and if happy click Validate Data to submit to the ATO. This will move the submission into the Submitted category (Submitted, Completed or Deleted). This means it is in the queue with the ATO and will move to completed once it's approved.
- If you have any errors with the submission, it will move into the Errors category. You can view the error details here in the error tab.
- Once you have submitted all your outstanding STP submissions, you're able to select STP Finalization after you have processed your last pay for the financial year.
- You'll now see each step to be completed in the tabs including:
In Pending you will see a full list of employee paid last financial year, this includes an employees approved, archived or declined. You can select all employees or process per office code. Keep an eye out on the progress bar at the bottom to confirm how many employees you have selected and adjust your page view to see more employees. Once you have selected your employees select declare final pay. If you import Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) at the end of each year, you can click on the FBT import shortcut link which takes you to the CSV import page. Here you can import your FBT data. Return to Pay> Single Touch Payroll > Finalise STP and ensure to refresh the page. Please note you will see that you'll need to now submit STP for those employees (otherwise they will appear as a warning in Pending).
In Review you'll be able to review your employee details and reconcile. See our reconciliation guide for more information as well as the STP finalisation tips below..
Once you have reconciled you're ready to send the data to the ATO for finalisation. You can also notify your employees that their pay is finalised, please note the ATO requires 72 hours for the 'Tax ready status' to be updated in myGov. When you first submit your data it will display as 'Waiting for ATO's response', once received it will show as completed.
email@example.com this error occurs on the back end when sending data to the ATO can can be easily fix up by foundU. foundU will also receive a notification and may be in touch for additional details to fix up the error.
- Through the process of reconciling you may created a STP event (for example where you create a new adjustment). When this occurs the employee that was previously in the review step will be moved back to pending. This ensures that you have fully reconciled the data for this employee (by finalising them for review).
- Please note this will also occur if you're in step 3 (finalise) and you make a change to an employee. In both scenarios you'll need to submit the new STP event.
- Finalise the employee's final pay, review and reconcile and then send the final data to the ATO.
- Select email unnotified employees. Confirm and send. Please note that you will not be able to notify previously notified employees.
- To see the email content click on the short cut to the communication content template. You can edit if you need.