When Approving Shifts on Public Holidays, you will be asked to select how the employee should be paid.
Public holidays will be detected based on what is stored in your platform under Payroll > Public Holidays.
To select the public holiday pay type option when approving shifts:
1. Navigate to Time & Attendance > Approve Shifts
2. Apply any filters required.
3. Click Approve or Edit if you need to make any changes to the shift details, next to the relevant shift on the public holiday.
4. At the bottom of the shift details, you can choose to apply the pay type:
- Default: Public Holiday rates will apply as per the award interpretation.
- Force public holiday entire shift: The shift will be paid as a public holiday regardless of the award interpretation.
- Treat as normal day: The day will not be treated as a public holiday, standard rules apply.
- Pay Base Rate: The employee's normal ordinary rate will be used and no overtime and shift loadings will be applied.
5. Click Approve or Save & Approve / Save Changes (if editing the shift).
This data will flow through to payroll against the employee's paycycle.
You may be also interested in: