The work cover process involves:
1. Having Work Cover set up as a Pay Item.
2. Applying Work Cover to relevant employees.
3. Editing the employee pay to apply the Work Cover pay item.
Add Work Cover as a Pay Item:
1. In the quick menu, select the hamburger icon to view the full menu and select Awards & Agreements, and then click Pay Items/Allowances.
2. Go to Pay Items and check if Work Cover is already in the list, or click Add New to create it as a new Pay Item and complete the details:
- Select type = Work Cover
- Title = what will display in payslips/invoices
- Valid in = select relevant state/s
- Interval =
- Accrual Allowance = no
- Are you required to withhold tax?
- Is the allowance included on PAYG summary?
- Does super guarantee apply?
- Variables applied = select all that apply
- Specific clients = leave blank for all
- Apply to positions = select all that apply
- Rate label = If you don't use same as Title e.g. WC 1, the label will display as Work Cover: WC1. Otherwise, use same as Title.
- Select by = leave blank to allow Work Cover to applied anywhere required
- Apply to Award(s): select all Awards to apply to. (Mandatory)
For a more detailed guide on adding Pay items and allowances see: Adding and Adjusting Pay Items and Allowances
3. Click Save.
Apply Work Cover to Employee:
1. In the quick menu select People> Approved People and search for the employee and click their name to go into their profile.
2. Change the Work Cover toggle to blue. This will change the background to orange to flag they have work cover. This will also flag them in Pay to make it easy for payroll to find and adjust.
Apply Work Cover in Paycycle:
1. In the quick menu navigate to Payroll > Pay.
2. Select the relevant Period Ending. Use Additional Filters to search for employees on Work Cover. An icon will also show to display next to status to show they are on work cover.
3. Click Action > Edit next to the employee.
4. Add Work Cover under Pay Items and click Calculate Totals.
5. Click Preview PDF to check Payslip.
6. Click Update Paycycle.
Pay can now be generated as per usual (Generate Payslips).
You may also be interested in: