The new process of Single Touch Payroll means that every time a pay event occurs in foundU, the information is sent to the ATO. Hence, at the end of the financial year, a PAYG summary does not need to be produced as they already have the information. Employees will be able to access their summaries from their myGov accounts.
Single Touch Payroll FY 18/19:
- Employers who report to the Australian Tax Office (ATO) using Single Touch Payroll (STP) will not have to give employees a payment summary (PAYG summary).
- For more information check out the https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Single-Touch-Payroll/ or view the ATO's fact sheet on how the payment summary is changing.
- Ensure to check out our Single Touch Payroll (STP) page to ensure that you have submitted your data to the ATO.
- Once you've processed your final pay for the financial year, with Single Touch Payroll, year to date (YTD) values will be sent to the ATO.
You are still able to generate PAYG summaries via foundU:
- This may be more relevant for businesses that are not using Single Touch Payroll (STP) i.e. employers who do not report to the ATO using Single Touch Payroll (STP).
- See our PAYG Summary page for the steps to generate.
Final Payroll for the Financial Year (18/19).
Single Touch Payroll (STP) Submissions:
In Pay > Single Touch Payroll.
From here, you will see a submission per paying entity ready to be validated and sent. Click (View Detail) to drop the box down for more information. Please then click 'Validate Data' to check any errors in data that may exist, once validated a 'Submit' button will appear.
Submitting Payroll Data
As of Monday the 30th of July 2018, STP is live in the foundU platform.
- Each time you generate payslips, you will also have to send that data to the ATO. This can be done 2 ways:
1. At the same time of Payslip Generation
When you click 'Generate Payslips' from pay, you will be given the option to submit to the ATO, either later or straight away (recommended). If you choose 'straight away' you will be asked to tick and declare that the information is true and correct.
2. Submitting after Payslip Generation
If you choose to do the submission at a later date, you need to select the relevant option then generate payslips as usual. You will then need to go to Payroll > Single Touch Payroll to view your pending submissions, click (View Detail), Validate and Submit.
Please note: If you have not submitted your STP data within 2 days of payslip generation you will start to receive reminder emails.
STP Submissions Categories
In Pay > Single Touch Payroll, your STP submission are categories into separate tabs as per the below:
- Require Action:
- These are the STP submissions that have not yet been submitted to the ATO.
- Submitted but not yet received by the ATO. These are the STP submissions that have been submitted but not yet completed (received by ATO).
- Errors :
- STP submissions with errors.
- Please note: we do our best to give you as much information as possible about these errors - once they are submitted through to the ATO, the information they provide about rejected data is minimal.
- If you experience any error messages you are unable to resolve, please email email@example.com with the subject STP and we will prioritise this for you.
- Successfully completed STP submissions to the ATO.
- Any STP submissions that you have deleted.
In the unlikely event your data fails validation, you will see an 'error message' come through - this means that the data you are sending is not 100% complete and has the potential to be rejected by the ATO. This should be a rare occurrance due to the validation in foundU on-boarding.
When errors come through, you will need to resolve them by making the appropriate changes in the employee file - this could include changes to address, TFN details or otherwise. Once the changes have been made, go back to Pay > Single Touch Payroll and Validate the data again before submitting.