STPThe process of Single Touch Payroll means that every time a pay event occurs in foundU, the information is sent to the ATO. Hence, at the end of the financial year, a PAYG summary does not need to be produced as they already have the information. Employees will be able to access their summaries from their myGov accounts.
- report on PAYG withholding information on activity statements
- produce payment summaries for employees
- provide a payment summary annual report.
Single Touch Payroll (STP) Submissions:
In Pay > Single Touch Payroll.From here, you will see a submission per paying entity ready to be validated and sent. Click (View Detail) to drop the box down for more information. Please then click 'Validate Data' to check any errors in data that may exist, once validated a 'Submit' button will appear.
Submitting Payroll DataAs of Monday the 30th of July 2018, STP is live in the foundU platform.
- Each time you generate payslips, you will also have to send that data to the ATO. This can be done 2 ways:
1. At the same time of Payslip GenerationWhen you click 'Generate Payslips' from pay, you will be given the option to submit to the ATO, either later or straight away (recommended). If you choose 'straight away' you will be asked to tick and declare that the information is true and correct.
2. Submitting after Payslip Generation
If you choose to do the submission at a later date, you need to select the relevant option then generate payslips as usual. You will then need to go to Payroll > Single Touch Payroll to view your pending submissions, click (View Detail), Validate and Submit.
Please note: If you have not submitted your STP data within 2 days of payslip generation you will start to receive reminder emails.
STP Submissions Categories
In Payroll > Single Touch Payroll, your STP submission are categories into separate tabs as per the below:
- Require Action:
- These are the STP submissions that have not yet been submitted to the ATO.
- Submitted but not yet received by the ATO. These are the STP submissions that have been submitted but not yet completed (received by ATO).
- Errors :
- STP submissions with errors.
- Please note: we do our best to give you as much information as possible about these errors - once they are submitted through to the ATO, the information they provide about rejected data is minimal.
- If you experience any error messages you are unable to resolve, please email email@example.com with the subject STP and we will prioritise this for you.
- Successfully completed STP submissions to the ATO.
- Any STP submissions that you have deleted.
In the unlikely event your data fails validation, you will see an 'error message' come through - this means that the data you are sending is not 100% complete and has the potential to be rejected by the ATO. This should be a rare occurrance due to the validation in foundU on-boarding.
When errors come through, you will need to resolve them by making the appropriate changes in the employee file - this could include changes to address, TFN details or otherwise. Once the changes have been made, go back to Pay > Single Touch Payroll and Validate the data again before submitting.