Assign a manager to an employee
Once you have setup your new employee, you will need to Approve the person by selecting the 'Accept Person' button and then assigning their manager.
You may also need to assign a manager
- When an employee changes managers.
- To employees in bulk when you hire a new manager.
We will also cover how to setup an Admin user so they are assignable as a manager.
- This then moves the employee's HR profile from Pending People (Applicant) to Approved People (Existing employee).
- Also if your platform has a 2 part onboarding process, when you select this button the second part of the onboarding process will open up for the employee to complete their Bank account, superannuation and TFN details.
To ensure that new employee's are assigned a manager and office code straight away, you'll be prompted after accepting a person to add the manager and office code.
- Navigate to People > Approved People.
- Find the employee and select or search for any employee. Once selected this will bring up the employee's profile.
- In the Overview screen, select Edit next to Manager.
- Select the Manager's name from the drop-down and click Save.
In the quick menu navigate to People > Approved People.
Select Show Filter, and choose your criteria for employees to assign the same manager to e.g. via position, position locations, employment type etc.
Click Apply Filter below your search criteria.
Click Bulk Actions Assign Manager to Selected
Select the Manager's name from the drop down and click Assign.
To do this:
- Navigate to the full menu, Platform Settings > Users > Search for manager name
- Select Edit admin details by clicking the 3 dots under Actions and turn on the toggle 'Is this admin assignable as a manager'
- Then save by selecting Update User.
- You will now find that this manager will now appear under the drop down box when either single assigning a manager or bulk assigning a manager.