Editing a permanent position
Editing an existing permanent position can be a little tricky. To make changes, you'll either need to Edit the position or Add a new position.
Editing a position will allow you to:
- Add an extra location that an employee can work at (keeping the existing location)
- Edit a custom label
- Adjust the work pattern (relevant for full time/salaried employees).
Add New Position:
You will need to add a new position (even if the position hasn't changed) to:
- Change the primary operation that the employee is associated with.
- Remove an existing location
- Adjust the pay rate (shifts already assigned to them). We do not recommend using edit to adjust the pay rate even if there are no existing timesheets. Please use Add new position.
- Adding a new position (i.e. replaces existing position).
The article below outlines the key scenarios where edits can be made through the edit button or through adding a new position.
Adding a new location, custom label or work pattern (the existing location is kept, if the old location needs to be removed as the employee no longer works there please see making changes to the employees position below).
In the quick menu select People > Approved People and find the employee and click on their name to go into their profile or use search to find the desired employee.
- In the Employee overview, select the Employee Card icon.
- Locate the employees position and select the edit icon.
- Enter the new location, or custom label or click continue to proceed to the Work pattern tab.
- Click Save once all position details have been updated.
- Check Work Pattern under the Employment type section is correct for the position changes made.
If the employee has changed:
- The primary operation that they are associated with.
- Location i.e. you would like to remove a location that an employee no longer works at.
- Salaried option in Work Pattern i.e. you would like check (or check) the salaried option which allows an employee to bypass approve shifts.
You'll use Add Position instead of edit (even if the position itself hasn't changed).
Before making any changes, take note of any details including Accrued Leave, Personal Leave, Start date etc, as this needs to be reentered.
- To change the employee's position, click New position and enter in the new details, note that you will need to enter in a new position start date.
If an employee has a additional position for example they work full time but also casually on the weekends.
- Select Add Additional Position to add in the position details, complete all other relevant details.