Comments on HR profiles
The Employee's HR profile is a useful central place for electronically storing information and documents about your employees.
Comment types are categories for your comments which will allow you to produce reports for specific comment types.
Importantly notes input into your comment types cannot be viewed by employees. The same goes for documents and comments input into HR Records.
Some examples of what can be uploaded into HR records:
- Training transcripts and certificates
- Other documents
You can set your comment types, this is best practice so that you can pull a report based on your chosen comment type when needed.
To set a comment type:
- Navigate to the hamburger icon to open the full menu and select Platform Settings > Set comment types.
- You'll then see a list of all your existing comment types. You can edit the comment categories or delete these (provided no comments are attached).
- Select Add new and choose your new comment type for example 'Payroll notes'.
- You'll the see the newly added comment type called 'Payroll notes' as an option in the comment drop-down menu.
You can also upload an employee document as an attachment through Employee's profile > Employee Records icon > Employee records tab.
- You can choose your desired document category e.g. onboarding
- Add in the employee record details including:
- Save. You'll now see the document details listed with the ability to view your uploaded documents.
If you're looking for documents uploaded by the employee through the onboarding process, see our helpful guide here.
Customising admin user permission view comments permissions:
You can also customise your admin user permissions to allow or not allow admin users to view notes made by all admins or only notes made by them through the hamburger icon > Platform Settings > Users > Edit permission group.
When on: Admin user can see all comments:
When off: Admin user can add comments and only see their own comments: