You're able to easily reimburse employees for expenses through the foundU platform.
- To apply a reimbursement you'll need to have a reimbursement type set up first.
- Then an admin applies the reimbursement type to the employee either via the Roster or Approve shifts this then flows through to the employee's payslip.
- Employees can also submit a reimbursement if they use submit shifts. They can also submit a reimbursement request and you'll receive an email notification to prompt you to either approve or decline the claim before it can be paid).
To view your reimbursement types:
- Navigate to the full menu by clicking the hamburger icon and selecting Payroll Settings> Reimbursements.
- Here you'll see your existing reimbursements which can be edited or deleted as needed. You can also see a summary of the maximum amount reimbursable (if set), to whom the reimbursement is billed to (employee or employer), and whether the reimbursement is inclusive of GST.
- To add a new reimbursement select the Add tab. Select the name (label) for the reimbursement, a maximum reimbursement amount (if applicable). Employees will not be able to submit reimbursements over the maximum amount but will be able to see the Max if set. To whom the reimbursement would be billed to Employer or Operation (for example if a particular client will be billed for the reimbursement) and select if GST should be included on the invoice and Save
Your reimbursement type will now be shown in the below areas:
- In the Employee app > Times icon (for employees who submit shifts) they'll see the type when applying a weekly reimbursement.
- Time & Attendance > Approve Shifts > + > Add reimbursement section.
- On the employees payslips located in Payroll > Pay when you edit or create and adjustment you will see the new reimbursement type now available as a drop down option in the reimbursement section.
Where an employee uses submit shifts to submit their hours worked for the week (rather than being assigned hours in advance via roster) the employee can submit a weekly reimbursement request when submitting their shift. If the employee has reimbursements for the day, they'll need to add up their weekly total and submit their documents in one go.If an employee does not use submit shifts, please refer to Applying a reimbursement section below where an admin user can apply a reimbursement to an employee (rather then an employee submitting a request via submit shifts).
- In the Employee app an employee selects the times icon > Weekly reimbursement +.
- They add in the reimbursement details as well as any supporting document and submit the request.
- The admin will then receive a notification and in Time & Attendance> Approve shifts can approve, edit or decline the request.
- Applying a weekly reimbursement through approve shifts or
- Applying the reimbursement on the payslip.
Navigate to Time and Attendance > Approve shifts.
Use the filter to select the relevant week and operation.
Select the + icon listed under the shifts to be managed and select Add reimbursement. Please note as the reimbursement is added in for the week, it wont matter which day you have selected. Just remember to add up reimbursements for the week where there are multiple reimbursements across days.
Fill in the reimbursement details i.e. reimbursement type, amount, position, employee and upload a document (this is a required field) and select Add reimbursement.
The reimbursement will then be listed in approve shifts and can now be managed (i.e. approved, edited or declined as needed).
To edit/create an adjustment to a payslip directly:
- Navigate to Payroll > Pay and in draft payslips locate the employees payslip and from the actions button on the right select edit. (Please note if creating an adjustment this will be found under the processed tab > actions > Create adjustment as normal).
- When editing the payslip you will see a reimbursement section where you can add a reimbursement type and amount and apply a relevant cost code.
- Update totals, preview payslip and save. The employees payslip will now show the reimbursement ready for pay processing.
- The reimbursement will then be listed in approve shifts and can now be approved, edited or declined.
- Once approved the reimbursement will then display on the employees draft payslip ready for processing pays and the reimbursement.
- Once processed reimbursement history will only show on employees payslips in their employee profile under Financial > Payslips.