Position groups are used for creating a general group of positions that includes all roles that may be suitable for a job or roster shift.
For example, you may create a General Labourer group that comprises of the following positions across numerous awards Landscape Labourer, Construction Labourer and Removals Labourer.
To add a position group:
- In the quick menu select the hamburger icon to open the full menu and select Awards & Agreements and select the Position Group tab to edit an existing Position Group or select New Position Group to add a new one.
- Name the Group then choose positions from the drop-down list. Start typing the position name to filter the list. Note only positions within your award will be available to choose from.
- Click Save.
Operations & Position Groups
Operations must have their Position Group Search feature enabled to conduct position group searches - Administrators turn it on via the Operation profile (Admin View) if you are unsure about what scenario best suits your business we highly recommend that you contact foundU.
You are able to edit your position groups for example to include new positions you've recently added. You can also remove positions as needed.
- To do so:
- Navigate to and select the hamburger icon to open the full menu and select Awards & Agreements.
- Click on the Position Group tab this will display all your current position groups.
- Please note if you're adding a new position grouping (see this article first).
- Locate your desired position group or use the search bar, and click on the pencil icon to edit the existing position group
- Start typing a position name to filter it e.g. 'Early childhood teacher- level 8' and select from the drop down list. Start typing a position name to filter the list.
- Please note if you don't have your desired position appear, you may need to add it to the award first.
- Click Save.
- To remove a position from the position group:
- To remove a position from the Group click the x and then save.
Warning! Changing these groups dramatically can cause a flow-on effect to employees who have been assigned specific position groups. Please contact foundU Support if you require such changes.