Position groups are used for creating a general group of positions that includes all roles that may be suitable for a job or roster shift.
For example, you may create a General Labourer group that comprises of the following positions across numerous awards Landscape Labourer, Construction Labourer and Removals Labourer.
- In the quick menu select the hamburger icon to open the full menu and select Awards & Agreements. Then select the Position Group tab to edit an existing Position Group or select New Position Group to add a new one.
- Name the Group then choose positions from the drop-down list. Start typing the position name to filter the list. Note only positions within your award will be available to choose from.
- Please note if you don't have your desired position appear, you may need to add it to the award first.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Operations > Approved Operation and select your Operation.
- In the Operation profile, select the Quick Settings tab and turn on the toggle for Enable Position groups. You'll notice that in the Operation overrides section a green light will then display for Position Groups.
- If you'd like additional Operations to use position groups, repeat steps 1 and 2 for reach Operation.
Warning! Changing these groups dramatically can cause a flow-on effect to employees who have been assigned specific position groups. Please contact foundU Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require such changes.
To remove a position from the position group:
- Navigate to the hamburger icon to open the full menu > Awards and Agreements.
- Select Position Groups and use the search to locate your position group. Edit the position group.
- Then click the x for the position that you'd like to remove from your position groups and then save.