In order to add a deduction to a payslip, you'll first need to set up a Deduction Type. This type will then be able to be selected from the drop down menu in payslips.
Some examples of deductions may be:
- Child Support
To set up (add) a deduction type:
- In the quick menu select the hamburger icon to open the full menu and select Payroll Settings > Deductions.
- Select Add New Deduction
- Name the deduction.
- Value Type e.g. dollar value or percentage.
- Deduct from e.g. Gross Wage or Net Wage.
- Deduction Type e.g. Fees or Workplace Giving. These type are used for Single Touch Payroll (STP) ATO reporting purposes.
- Note most deductions will be Fees.
- Unless they are workplace deductions (e.g. charity donations) which are generally tax deductible.
- Pay to Another Account leave as no if you do not wish to pay out to another account.
- Candidate Managed select if the employee should have the ability to set up their own deduction in their own portal.
- Disable select if you would like to disable this deduction from use on the platform including:
- In the Employee Portal- employee can no longer select this deduction type through their Employee portal.
- In Payslips- the deduction type will not show on payslip edits/adjustments.
- Past Payslips- any processed deductions (on past payslips) will display as greyed out if trying to edit.
- Any existing reoccurring deductions will also be turned off.
- The date for reoccurring deductions may not be adjusted in the employees profile (ensure to adjust this if disabling this deduction type).
To edit an existing deduction:
- Click the pencil icon to edit a deduction type.
- Make the required changes.
- Click Save.